Theatre LUCERNA, o. s.
the 17th International Festival of Independent and Amateur Theatres
XVII. APOSTROF, Prague 2015
26th – 30th June 2015
Festival will be held in cooperation with Theatre Na Zabradli and others Prague theatres.
„The basic idea, that inspired creators to launch the first year of Apostrof festival was gathering of top Czech, Slovak and foreign independent, amateur and semi-professional theatres and also mutual friendly comparison of their work (especially the ways how to express different vision of the world through theatrical art)“. – says director Akram Staněk. „During the past 16 years, we managed to bring many theatre companies from all over the world to the Apostrof festival scene. We also created many theatre projects that Czech and foreign authors worked on, so that we established cooperation with many festivals abroad. And only just to discover such – often very surprising – relations, is the main motivation for our annual effort to present to audience productions of countries that haven´t the possibility to be a part of the festival yet“.
The creators are constantly looking for a new theatre companies from all continents to approach and invite them to be a part of the festival. Also the traditional participants are invited to be a part. In few days´ programme there will be included the most interesting Central European theatre companies and groups from distant foreign countries that express together the Apostrof´s fundamental motto: „The theatre as the international communication language“
As always, the participants will try to win the Audience Award, which is the direct expression of opinion of those, who have always been the purpose and the goal of all Apostrof´s theatrical efforts – of opinion of the general audiences as well as of the colleagues. The audience has the opportunity to evaluate each production immediately after its end. Apostrof also allows each of the participants and the audience to give his own private award or anti-award to anyone or any theatre company that interested him.
Inseparable part of Apostrof´s dramaturgy is also „Apostrof premiere“. The festival invites all interested troupes, who are not afraid of the first presentation to Apostrof audience, to offer their premiere to the programme. In case that the offer will be accepted by the Board of dramaturgy, the premiere production will get extra support from Apostrof´s organizers.
Apart from the main programme, the festival usually offers a range of accompanying events, concerts, discussions and many surprises. About all these events you can read in Czech and English newsletter „Voice“. About theatre workshop topics you will be informed in May.
General conditions of tender
- Completing this electronical application no later than 15th February 2015
- Sending the attachment with information about the production (max. ½ A4 page) and detailed content or storyboards (all in English) to email@example.com
- Sending 3 photos from the performance to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sending the DVD (or link) with performance recording to the address: Apostrof, Anenské nám. 5, 115 33 Prague 1, Czech Republic, Europe (DVD is the inseparable part of the application and has to be received no later than 15th February 2015)
- Incomplete or late application without the required attachments wouldn’t be unfortunately considered.
- By sending the application form you agree with all festival terms and conditions.
- For questions please call +420 773 226 170 (the festival director Akram Stanek) or +420 778 001 845 (production – Kristyna Liskova). Exceptions to these rules or special requirements please consult with festival director Akram Staněk.
Nomination of ensembles for the festival programme
- The deadline forapplications and all required information, DVD – 15th February, 2015. The term may be extended only in justified cases after individual agreement with the organisers of the festival.
- The festival dramaturgy will see the offered productions on DVD and then (by 31st March 2015) will inform which theatre companies were admitted to the shortlist.
- In April there will be consultation with theatre companies in shortlist about the technical conditions, the number of participants and other conditions of participation.
- By 15th April 2015 we will nominate the theatre companies to the festival programme. Also we will inform you about the potential changes in terms, length of the festival, the final number of participants and about the working version of programme.
- We will conclude a contract with chosen theatre companies on the basis of information in questionnaire that we will send in mid-May.
We are looking forward to your application!
Akram Staněk – festival director
Chairman of Theatre LUCERNA, o.s.
Akram Staněk – festival director
Chairman of Theatre LUCERNA o.s.
Phone: +420 773 226 170
Kristýna Lišková – production
Phone: +420 778 001 845
Truhlářská 1099/31, 110 00 Prague 1
Company ID number: 69346291
Phone: +420 222 868 869